Lately I’m obsessed with Washi Tapes, that are masking tape originating from Japan made of slightly transparent rice paper. They are very durable and reusable, and therefore perfect to decorate walls or objects because it can be removed with ease.You can find a lot of inspirations on how to use these tapes and I’ve chosen five of them to recreate for you! What is your favorite project? I am very proud of the geometric wall decoration, the longest and difficult projects that I’ve tried. The result is beautiful to me! The other projects instead are very easy and fast to create.
1. Tealight candles. This project is very easy but effective! The tealights are usually very boring and not very nice to look at, but just by wrapping them with Washi tape around the metal structure they become more cute
2. Pencils. If you have boring pencils you can add a bit of fun by wrapping them entirely with your favourite Washi tape! I still have to practice on that, the result is not one of the best! 🙂
3. Plant pots. I’ve decided to decorate the white pots of the cactus I’ve bought at Ikea, making them a bit more original with polka dots on a blue background tape. Of course you can unleash your imagination and think of something more complex
4. Frame. A normal white frame can become more pretty thanks to Wahi tape. What I used for this frame is my favorite tape. If you’re wondering, the frame contains a card from a dear friend in which there is written a quote of Elsa Schiaparelli: “the perfect dress that resists to fashion and life is just one: the dress of freedom”
5. Wall decoration. And here’s my favorite project, this beautiful geometric wall decoration. I was inspired by a photo I found on Pinterest and I’m very proud of the result! 🙂